|magnificent view of Calaguas today (It was better 2 years before)|
It has the same old white sand, that covers the shoreline
The same coconut trees, looking up in the sky.
It has the same mountain range surrounding the cove
Same feeling of love, of faith, of hope.
I don’t own it no more.
The island was conquered by many strangers.
Gone is the silence of the sea and sand.
Gone is the light of the moon so grand.
I miss the old Calaguas...
Let me take you back in time through this link - Calaguas 2 years before
So what are the changes I am talking about?
- Two years ago we owned the island. The vastness of it. We’re the only people playing on its white sand.
- Two years ago there were only two cottages in the place and the rest was wilderness.
- Two years ago there was only one water pump in the area that barely works.
- Two years ago there was no comfort room, no electricity, no mountains of trashes.
- Two years ago the island was free of charge. Now, you have to pay Php100 for the entrance fee and another Php20 for the tax as per the caretaker... the island was eaten by the civilization.
If you will visit the place, choose the farthest left part where cannot be reached by the electricity powered by generator and you will enjoy the majestic view of fireflies at night.
With all due respect to the caretaker of the island, kudos for providing trash bins in every cottages. I hope the place will get better in time even when the globalization started to embrace it. Take care of the place, and the place will take care of you.
Two-Cents Worth of Thoughts
To all visitors of Calaguas, Please! Respect and save the place for our future generation.