This year of the snake I will travel less!
Ironic that a person who calls herself a true blooded explorer will start trimming down her travel escapades. Ahhhhhhhhhh :(
There is a really big reason behind that serious claim and that is because this year - I’m gonna get married!
I am pretty sure that anyone will understand that when it comes to a glorious ceremony like marriage a bride should be ready holistically.
- I should be fair on my wedding day. Give me that day. I do not regret having an ebony skin but dude, my camera’s autofocus can no longer detect me in a dim light. Tell me I shouldn't bother. But seriously! I do not want to be a pain in the ass to photographers who will cover our special day. Besides, wedding happens only once in a lifetime, maybe I should have the right to be pretty and all.
- Wedding is an expensive pursuit; so yes, I will be needing every single cent to help my husband-to-be in covering the expenses. I cannot share much, but I will definitely share. Because I believe that a lady that relies to a man financially is looking for trouble. I do not like being in trouble.
- Preparation for wedding requires too much effort and time, things that I cannot do when I am traveling full time. So yes, I cannot travel as often when I do not have enough time.
But before all of these things to happen, I have yet to convince my beau to marry me! (laugh out loud)
This year of the snake I will travel
The primary changes that will happen on my travel spree are the following:
- less mountain, more seas
- less hiking, more on free diving,
- will organise lesser group trip, more on solo and escapes with my beau.
- I think the highlight of this year’s changes is that I decided to give this blog a FACE! If you will notice (I know you won’t) I prefer to keep my identity a secret until late last year mainly because to travel incognito is magical. In time though, I found it difficult to promote this travel online diary by hiding on a faceless mask. So henceforth, I will let each and every reader of this blog know that the words written here are coming from the brain of a person named Missy. Before, I do not upload photos that have my lovely countenance; but I will now. Cheers!
According to wiki a New Year's resolution is a commitment that a person makes to one or more personal goals, projects, or the reforming of a habit.
I am not doing any commitment because I always end up eating my words. One thing is for sure though - I will continue to measure the world with my soles.
This post is my entry to Pinoy Travel Bloggers' Blog Carnival for January 2013. With the theme "New Beginnings," this carnival is hosted by Roj Braga of Adventuroj.com----
For more virtual and interactive live updates, you can check our FACEBOOK PAGE or follow us on TWITTER