Located in a secluded and peaceful town away from the city’s business area, is the newest attraction of Tagaytay. It is a guesthouse called Puzzle Mansion Bed and Breakfast that give views to luscious hills and endless rows of pineapples.
Like a typical Tagaytay inns and lodges, Puzzle Mansion has rooms for accommodation, a swimming pool, spa service on call, WiFi, a roof deck, and a shuttle service. However, this place is more unique for what it has more than just for what it is because it boasts the largest collection of jigsaw puzzles in the whole world!
Gina Gil Lacuna, a 61 year old Filipina is the owner of Puzzle Mansion. She converted the 1.3-hectare expansive lot of the family from a rest house to a bed and breakfast inn in order to showcase all her finished jigsaw puzzles to the public. The large gallery of puzzle collection is the main attraction of the place. It houses 1,028 puzzles to date.
Entering the puzzle mansion museum is seeing the most complete puzzle collection in the world. In here you will see the most difficult and the biggest jigsaw puzzles. The museum contains puzzles of various sizes and designs. They can be featured in woods, cardboards, and plastic material. They can be flat, spherical, three-dimensional, four-dimensional, and uniquely-shaped cuts jigsaw puzzles. You will be filled with amazement as you will also see the reproductions of famous paintings of Da Vinci, Picasso, Botticelli,Goya, Van Gogh, Michelangelo, Gaudi, and a lot more!
|The very first puzzle. 5000 pieces. Took 70 hours to complete|
|Upper right: 3D puzzle of Sydney Opera 4D puzzle of Tokyo Skyline|
Upper left and Lower right: 2D puzzle of Monroe and Mona Lisa
Lower right: 3D Globe puzzles
|The most difficult jigsaw puzzle - Las Hilanderas. 10,000 pieces.|
|The world record holder, Ms. Gina Lacuna and some of her works.|
|The biggest jigsaw puzzle to date - Retablo de Santa Columba. 18,000 pieces.|
Anyone can visit Puzzle Mansion without necessarily checking in.The museum charges a nominal entrance fee of just Php100/head for a guided tour of the museum. The place I can say is best for educational field trips, corporate meetings and conferences, weddings, birthdays and debuts, retreat, and team building.
How to Get to Puzzle Mansion
The main roads of Tagaytay are peppered with directional signs that lead to the Puzzle Mansion. It has become a top destination for local and foreign tourists because of the Guinness Brand. When you go to Tagaytay, make sure that you do not miss the place.
- From Metro Manila, take the exit towards SLEX (South Luzon Express Way) then drive through Governor’s Drive.
- Turn left when you reach Kaong and continue driving through Silang – General Mariano Alvarez Road.
- Upon reaching J. Rizal, turn left.
- Turn left again on Crisanto M. De Los Reyes Avenue then turn right in Mahogany Avenue.
- Continue driving until you reach Tagaytay – Nasugbu Highway.
- You will see Maglabe Drive, do a sharp right turn and this will leads you to Puzzle Mansion.
- Just ride any bus bound to Nasugbu, Batangas. The trip will take 2 hours. Less than Php100.
- Alight at Radar Taas in Tagaytay and ride a tricycle to the Puzzle Mansion. The fare cost is Php35.
- If you are travelling in groups, just inform the guest house and they will fetch you from the gate with their shuttle.
Puzzle Mansion Bed & Breakfast
Cuadra Street, Brgy.Asisan
Tagaytay City 4120, Philippines
For rates and reservation you may check with the following information:
Telephone Number/s: Landline - (02) 661.0019 and (02) 425.5195 Mobile – 0905.225.0229
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/PuzzleMansion
- Room rates can be a bit pricey, Php4000 being the cheapest. Checking in is not recommended for those who travel alone or on a tight budget. This however should not hinder you from visiting the place. The opportunity to see the collection that break the Guiness World Record only cost Php100.
- Gina Gil Lacuna, a 61 year old Filipina is the owner of Puzzle Mansion. She is the world record title holder for the largest jigsaw puzzle collection.
- Puzzle Museum is the main attraction of the Puzzle Mansion Bed and Breakfast. It contains a total of 1,028 different puzzles framed wall to wall. It surpasses the previous world record of just 238 puzzles held by a Brazilian woman.
- Most of the puzzles came from countries that Lacuna visited. They were bought to complement her business trips. Now, she gets her supply directly from puzzle manufacturers.
- Lacuna has been collecting puzzles for 27 years. It started as a past time and turned into obsession. Her largest puzzle has 18,000 pieces.
This entry has been made possible by Ms.Gina Gil Lacuna herself and the staffs of Puzzle Mansion. The warm accommodation extended to Pinoy Travel Bloggers is greatly appreciated.
|Kat of Excursionista, RJ of i wander. i experience. i kwento, Kaiye and Endette of The Two Broke Girls Aldous of Aldous Ate the World, Roch of Rochkirstin, and Ross of Wazzup Pilipinas|
-------For more virtual and interactive live updates, you can check our FACEBOOK PAGE or follow us on TWITTER.